Sunday, March 7, 2010

1980 Albert Bigley SPIDER-MAN Painting! Doc Ock Takes Over! Good Sense Does Not!

Click the wonderful image below to enlarge this 1980 Albert Bigley SPIDER-MAN watercolor painting, and double your Sunday Spidey pleasure! Or not. I was just getting my feet wet (heh) with watercolors then, and attempting to create some cool effects, but the overall look is one of some very dumpy actors in badly-fitting costumes posing for a camera (good rim lighting from above Spidey, tho). But, at least there's that flawless perspective in the background you can marvel at and enjoy! Sheesh!

3 comments:

Daniel Best said...

Al, I applaud you for putting this kind of stuff out there. I expect there's a lot of artist who'd rather burn it than keep it - I'm ejoying it all!

Al Bigley said...

Well, my Mom saved it all, and one thing it always enabled me to do was track my growth and progress..A kind of "ego-boost" then...

A source of humor now!

Al

Daniel Best said...

Mothers are Gold. When anyone tells me my writing sucks I just fire back, "Well my mum likes it." That shuts them up.